Friday, February 18, 2011

Homemade Cake Mix

Thanks! I am Baker


IMG_9914.stamp



Homemade Cake Mix

I gotta be honest with you.
Most of the time I am running around like a crazy woman.  I am usually pretty scatterbrained and frantically trying to get to everything that needs to be done in a day.
So I decided that I needed to simplify my baking a bit.  Remove some steps.  But NEVER sacrifice quality and taste!!
Which leads me to today's post.  I LOVE that I get to share this with you and I hope that you will try it too!
Did you know you can make your own cake mix?
You can have high quality, delicious tasting cake with the ease and convenience of a box mix. 
And it just takes moments to do!
IMG_9876.stamp
Just assemble your dry ingredients as well as the sugar.
Dry Ingredients:
2 3/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cups SUPER fine sugar (you can buy this or make it)
2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
(I will post the rest of the recipe I am using below)
IMG_9892.stamp
Sift together all ingredients and place in mason jar or your chosen storage container.
IMG_9902.stamp
And viola!  You have your own cake mix! (This recipe totaled about 4 1/2 cups of dry ingredients, so I used an eight cup mason jar)
You will of course need to add the wet ingredients when you are ready to make your cake.
IMG_9914.stamp
So I just write what I need to add on a little reminder card.
And don't forget the date!  I would probably try and use this within three months.  But around here, I usually use at least one jar a week!
IMG_9916.stamp
Don't forget the instructions!  (I am not saying that from experience or anything...) And any other little annoying notes you might want to write yourself.
I sorta love words like moist and delicious and yum when describing cake.  I cant help myself.
Feel free to do this with chocolate cake or yellow cake or any cake that suits your fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment