Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homemade Hand Soap

WOW - I just calculated that I will save about $57 a year because I found this easy recipe to make your own foamy handsoap.  Now for some reason Bobby and I were very particular and we had to have Bath & Body Works Foam Hand Soap in our bathroom.  That is what we ( I ) like best.  But last week I did a little experiment and it worked!I found out that I could make my own foamy handsoap for almost nothing!  We had just finished the container of Bath & Body Works, so I made my own using Gain Dish Soap in the Bath & Body Works dispenser.  The best part is I just got 6 of these FREE from Rite-Aid with $1 off coupons!  I told NO ONE in my house and the new soap has been in use for over a week and no one has noticed a change, not even me!

So I figured out that we used one of these about every 3 weeks.  I normally buy these for 3 for $10, so over the course of the year, I will save over $57, sorry Bath & Body Works!  I just may replace all my soaps with this recipe!






Here is how to make your own Foamy Hand Soap:

First you need a Foamy Hand Soap Bottle. I like the ones from Bath & Body Works. They seem to last a little longer than the other brands but any will work. Fill the Hand Soap Bottle half full with water and then add 2-3 tablespoons of any liquid soap. Fill the rest of the way with water and gently shake. That's it and it will make your soap last twice as long!


These are some of my favorite liquid soaps to use:


  • Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Soap
  • Bath & Body Works Body Wash
  • Ivory Dish Soap
  • Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash
  • Dove Body Wash
  • Olay Body Wash
  • Irish Spring Body Wash (to make man scented soap for my husband)
  • Suave Shampoo

The possibilities are endless because any type of liquid soap will work. Read the ingredient labels, soap is soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment